Six Points in Aung San Suu Kyi's Analysis in Rejecting Party Registration:
1. She doesn't accept the 2008 Constitution and upholds the “Shwegondaing Declaration.” [The declaration, issued in April by the National League for Democracy, called for the release of all political prisoners, to hold a political dialogue, to review the Constitution and to recognize the result of the 1990 election.]
2. She doesn't accept the junta's unjust and one-sided Political Party Registration Law, which is undemocratic.
3. She said the NLD is neither her property nor anyone else's.
4. She doesn't favor or accept any attempt to create factions within the party.
5. She would like to say to the people that she is committed to democracy and will continue her struggle.
6. She won't recognize that the NLD is abolished, even if it is dissolved by the military regime.
*English Translation by The Irrawaddy
|< Prev||Next >|